Jump to Main Content
- Xie, Yuefeng F., et al. Show all 6 Authors
- Process biochemistry 2016 v.51 no.7 pp. 886-894
- acids; adsorption; bacterial artificial chromosomes; biodegradation; biomass; carbon; drinking water; filters; organic matter; water treatment
- ... Disinfectant-enhanced backwash is frequently required to control the over-growth of biomass in biologically active carbon (BAC) filters for drinking water treatment. This study was conducted to investigate the impact of different backwashing strategies on the biodegradation and adsorption performance of BAC filters and attached biomass concentration in the filters. The biodegradation performance w ...
- Xie, Yuefeng F., et al. Show all 4 Authors
- The Science of the total environment 2016 v.568 pp. 19-25
- adsorption; bromine; byproducts; chlorination; dichloroacetic acid; disinfection; dissolved organic carbon; drinking water; electric power; electrochemistry; humic acids; risk; saline water; water treatment
- ... Formation of brominated disinfection by-products (DBPs) from bromide and natural organic matter upon chlorination imposes health risks to drinking water users. In this study, capacitive deionization (CDI) was evaluated as a potential process for DBP precursor removal. Synthetic humic acid and bromide containing saline water was used as model water prior to CDI treatment. Batch experiments were con ...