Jump to Main Content
- Xie, Yuefeng F., et al. Show all 4 Authors
- Chemosphere 2016 v.154 pp. 521-527
- UV filters; byproducts; chloral hydrate; chlorination; chlorine; chloroform; dichloroacetic acid; disinfectants; disinfection; drinking water; genotoxicity; genotoxicity tests; mutagens; oxidation; trichloroacetic acid; water treatment
- ... UV filters are a kind of emerging contaminant, and their transformation behavior in water treatment processes has aroused great concern. In particular, toxic products might be produced during reaction with disinfectants during the disinfection process. As one of the most widely used UV filters, oxybenzone has received significant attention, because its transformation and toxicity changes during ch ...
- Xie, Yuefeng F., et al. Show all 5 Authors
- Chemosphere 2016 v.159 pp. 378-384
- activated carbon; byproducts; chloral hydrate; chlorination; disinfection; filtration; ozonation; ozone; sand; water treatment
- ... Haloacetaldehydes (HAs) are the third prevalent group of disinfection by-products (DBPs) of great health concern. In this study, their formation and speciation during chlorination were investigated for raw and process waters collected at three O3-biological activated carbon (BAC) advanced drinking water treatment plants. The results showed that all HA formation potentials (HAFPs) were highly enhan ...