Jump to Main Content
- Yu, Jenny, et al. Show all 5 Authors
- Applied animal behaviour science 2016 v.178 pp. 69-79
- abnormal behavior; aggression; animal behavior; breeds; case-control studies; children; death; defecation; dogs; energy; malnutrition; people; pets; questionnaires; urination
- ... Hoarding occurs when persons accumulate animals in numbers that exceed their capacity to provide for the needs of the animals. Typical animal hoarding environments are extremely unsanitary and unhealthy, with malnutrition, disease, and death all common elements. Anecdotal reports of dogs recovered from hoarding situations have described a wide array of abnormal behaviours. The purpose of this stud ...
- Yu, Jenny, et al. Show all 6 Authors
- Aquaculture reports 2016 v.4 pp. 150-155
- Leiocassis; Micropterus salmoides; Siniperca chuatsi; case studies; catfish; consumers (people); correlation; freshwater fish; markets; models; morbidity; mortality; partition coefficients; risk; transportation; variance; China
- ... Customers of finfish in China place a high priority on healthy fish at the point of sale but factors that increase the risk of morbidity and mortality during transportation have had limited study. We designed a case study to investigate variation of mortalities claimed by customers receiving fish at markets with above-normal mortalities. We used daily transaction records of the 3 species transport ...