Jump to Main Content
- Federico, Rodolfo, et al. Show all 7 Authors
- Food analytical methods 2016 v.9 no.4 pp. 840-844
- absorption; beers; beverage industry; chickens; detection limit; egg albumen; fluorescence; fluorometry; high performance liquid chromatography; riboflavin; wines
- ... A novel cheap and user friendly method for the determination of riboflavin in wine and beer samples has been developed based on the fluorescence quenching effect given by riboflavin binding to the chicken egg white, riboflavin-binding protein. The method is based on the use of a single diode fluorimeter with emission within riboflavin absorption profile. Linearity was observed over riboflavin conc ...
- Federico, Rodolfo, et al. Show all 10 Authors
- Amino acids 2016 v.48 no.10 pp. 2283-2291
- X-ray diffraction; blood serum; cattle; crystal structure; cysteine; denaturation; differential scanning calorimetry; disulfide bonds; enzyme activity; fluorescence emission spectroscopy; gel electrophoresis; gels; hydrogen peroxide; mutants; spermidine; spermine; staining; thermal stability; yeasts
- ... Spermine oxidase (SMOX) is a flavin-containing enzyme that specifically oxidizes spermine to produce spermidine, 3-aminopropanaldehyde and hydrogen peroxide. While no crystal structure is available for any mammalian SMOX, X-ray crystallography showed that the yeast Fms1 polyamine oxidase has a dimeric structure. Based on this scenario, we have investigated the quaternary structure of the SMOX prot ...