Jump to Main Content
- Jain, Rishi, et al. Show all 3 Authors
- Applied biochemistry and biotechnology 2016 v.179 no.2 pp. 321-331
- Bacillus subtilis; acetoin; butanediol; cofactor engineering; crop yield; fermentation; industrial applications; molasses; sugarcane
- ... 2,3-butanediol is known to be a platform chemical with several potential industrial applications. Sustainable industrial scale production can be attained by using a sugarcane molasses based fermentation process using Bacillus subtilis. However, the accumulation of acetoin needs to be reduced to improve process efficiency. In this work, B. subtilis was genetically modified in order to increase the ...
- Jain, Rishi, et al. Show all 5 Authors
- 3 Biotech 2016 v.6 no.1 pp. 75
- Candida tropicalis; agarose; biomass; calcium alginate; calcium chloride; carbon; corn cobs; feedstocks; fermentation; freeze-thaw cycles; gelatin; hydrolysates; kappa carrageenan; pentoses; polyacrylamide; polyvinyl alcohol; sodium alginate; urea; xylitol
- ... This study reports an industrially applicable non-sterile xylitol fermentation process to produce xylitol from a low-cost feedstock like corn cob hydrolysate as pentose source without any detoxification. Different immobilization matrices/mediums (alginate, polyvinyl alcohol, agarose gel, polyacrylamide, gelatin, and κ-carrageenan) were studied to immobilize Candida tropicalis NCIM 3123 cells for x ...