Jump to Main Content
- Kjellevold, Marian, et al. Show all 10 Authors
- Nutrients 2016 v.8 no.8
- added sugars; adolescents; beverages; caregivers; compliance; cross-sectional studies; dietary recommendations; eating habits; fish; food frequency questionnaires; food groups; fruits; health promotion; physical activity; red meat; schools; socioeconomic status; statistics; vegetables; Norway
- ... Assessment of adolescents’ dietary habits is challenging. Reliable instruments to monitor dietary trends are required to promote healthier behaviours in this group. The purpose of this cross-sectional study was to assess adolescents’ adherence to Norwegian dietary recommendations with a diet score and to report results from, and test-retest reliability of, the score. The diet score involved seven ...
- Kjellevold, Marian, et al. Show all 9 Authors
- Nutrients 2016 v.8 no.5
- breast feeding; breast milk; hypothyroidism; infants; iodine; iodine deficiency; lactating women; monitoring; neurodevelopment; public health; regression analysis; thyroid hormones; urine; variance; Nepal
- ... Adequate iodine concentration in breastmilk (BMIC) is essential for optimal neonatal thyroid hormone synthesis and neurological development in breastfed infants. For many decades, iodine deficiency has been a public health problem in Nepal. However, recently, excessive iodine intakes among Nepali infants have been reported. This study aimed to measure BMIC and urinary iodine concentration (UIC) am ...