Jump to Main Content
- Kwon, Young-Nam, et al. Show all 5 Authors
- Colloids and surfaces 2016 v.506 pp. 190-201
- chemical reactions; coatings; composite polymers; fouling; hydrophilicity; industrial applications; membrane potential; microfiltration; nanofiltration; nanoparticles; roughness; ultrafiltration; ultraviolet radiation
- ... This review summarizes the recent studies on membrane fouling and the process of surface modification to develop fouling resistant membranes in microfiltration (MF), ultrafiltration (UF), and nanofiltration (NF) processes. Predominantly membrane properties such as hydrophilicity, surface charge, and roughness have an essential role in membrane fouling and flux decline. Surface modification techniq ...
- Kwon, Young-Nam, et al. Show all 6 Authors
- Chemosphere 2016
- adsorption; aluminum oxide; aluminum sulfate; aquatic ecosystems; arsenic; boehmite; calcium; chromium; electrostatic interactions; ions; lead; magnesium; molybdenum; nanomaterials; nitrates; pH; phosphates; surface area; water treatment
- ... Morphology-controlled materials at the micro- and nanoscale levels are of great significance to the design and application of materials. Stable and well-dispersed boehmite and alumina with different morphologies were fabricated under hydrothermal conditions. The nitrate, chloride, and sulfate aluminum salts yielded nanoplate, microspindle, and microsphere morphologies, respectively. Calcination of ...