Jump to Main Content
- Lucchetti, Alessandro, et al. Show all 5 Authors
- Canadian journal of fisheries and aquatic sciences 2016 v.74 no.3 pp. 339-348
- clams; fisheries; fisheries management; models
- ... In hydraulic dredge clam fisheries, the onboard mechanical sorting can be considered as the main catch selection process. The catch is mechanically sorted by a sieve made up of a series of successive grids with holes of decreasing diameter. The effect of the grid hole diameter and sorting speed of the vibrating sieve of a hydraulic dredger was investigated in a field study to determine its clam se ...
- Lucchetti, Alessandro, et al. Show all 6 Authors
- Ecological indicators 2016 v.60 pp. 557-564
- Caretta caretta; aquacultural and fisheries equipment; bycatch; coastal water; coasts; continental shelf; monitoring; prediction; risk; risk analysis; satellites; sea turtles; winter; Adriatic Sea; Egypt; Libya; Tunisia; Turkey (country)
- ... Incidental catch is the major threat to the survival of loggerhead turtles (Caretta caretta) in the Mediterranean and the main reason for their decline. More than 100,000 turtles are estimated to be caught annually due to fishing practices; 10–50% die. Bottom trawls are among the fishing gears exerting the worst impact on sea turtle populations, especially in the coastal waters of Tunisia and Liby ...