Jump to Main Content
- Miller, Michael W., et al. Show all 2 Author
- Journal of wildlife diseases 2016 v.52 no.2s pp. S118
- azaperone; fearfulness; fever; haloperidol; muscles; muscular diseases; research management; ungulates; Colorado
- ... Capture and translocation are important tools for managing and studying large ungulates. Although widely used, many established field practices cause fear and stress in subject animals that can hamper overall effectiveness and safety. Over the last 10 years we have been exploring uses of tranquilizer combinations as adjuncts to wild ungulate capture and translocation work in Colorado, USA. Our app ...
- Miller, Michael W., et al. Show all 6 Authors
- Journal of wildlife diseases 2016 v.52 no.3 pp. 553-561
- Cynomys; Siphonaptera; animals; autumn; confidence interval; deltamethrin; dusting; epizootic diseases; habitat fragmentation; habitats; plague; spring; trapping; Colorado
- ... In 2008 and 2009, we evaluated the duration of prophylactic deltamethrin treatments in white-tailed prairie dog (Cynomys leucurus) colonies and compared effects of autumn or spring dust application in suppressing flea numbers and plague. Plague occurred before and during our experiment. Overall, flea abundance tended to increase from May or June to September, but it was affected by deltamethrin tr ...