Jump to Main Content
- Dvorak, Cheryl M.T.; Yang, Yan; Haley, Charles; Sharma, Nikita; Murtaugh, Michael P.
- Veterinary microbiology 2016 v.189 pp. 86-90
- circular DNA, etc ; National Animal Health Monitoring System; Porcine circovirus; Porcine circovirus-2; antibodies; herds; pathogens; pork industry; prevalence; swine; vaccination; vaccines; viral load; viremia; viruses; wasting syndrome; United States; Show all 17 Subjects
- ... Porcine circovirus type 2 (PCV2), a small, single-stranded circular DNA virus and the causative agent of porcine circovirus associated disease (PCVAD), was first observed in the mid-1990s in pigs with a post-weaning wasting disease. In 2006 the number of PCVAD cases greatly increased, marking it as an important viral pathogen for the United States (US) swine industry. PCV2 vaccines were introduced ...
- Chorus Open Access:
- Phan, Tung Gia; da Costa, Antonio Charlys; del Valle Mendoza, Juana; Bucardo-Rivera, Filemon; Nordgren, Johan; O’Ryan, Miguel; Deng, Xutao; Delwart, Eric
- Archives of virology 2016 v.161 no.4 pp. 959-966
- circular DNA, etc ; Camelus dromedarius; Pan troglodytes; children; diarrhea; digestive system; feces; foods; fungi; genome; humans; metagenomics; microbiome; pathogens; plants (botany); polymerase chain reaction; proteins; seals; single-stranded DNA; ssDNA viruses; swine; Chile; Nicaragua; Peru; Show all 24 Subjects
- ... Viral metagenomics of feces collected from 58 Peruvian children with unexplained diarrhea revealed several small circular ssDNA genomes. Two genomes related to sequences previously reported in feces from chimpanzees and other mammals and recently named smacoviruses were characterized and then detected by PCR in 1.7 % (1/58) and 19 % (11/58) of diarrheal samples, respectively. Another three genomes ...
- PubMed Central: