Jump to Main Content
- Eero, Margit; Andersson, Helén C.; Almroth-Rosell, Elin; MacKenzie, Brian R.
- Ambio 2016 v.45 no.6 pp. 649-660
- fish production, etc ; biomass; body weight; eutrophication; fish; fisheries; forage; issues and policy; marine ecosystems; models; monitoring; nutrient content; nutrients; pollution load; Baltic Sea; Show all 15 Subjects
- ... Reducing anthropogenic nutrient inputs is a major policy goal for restoring good environmental status of coastal marine ecosystems. However, it is unclear to what extent reducing nutrients would also lower fish production and fisheries yields. Empirical examples of changes in nutrient loads and concurrent fish production can provide useful insights to this question. In this paper, we investigate t ...
- PubMed Central:
- O'Gorman, Eoin J.; Ólafsson, Ólafur P.; Demars, Benoît O. L.; Friberg, Nikolai; Guðbergsson, Guðni; Hannesdóttir, Elísabet R.; Jackson, Michelle C.; Johansson, Liselotte S.; McLaughlin, Órla B.; Ólafsson, Jón S.; Woodward, Guy; Gíslason, Gísli M.
- Global change biology 2016 v.22 no.9 pp. 3206-3220
- fish production, etc ; Salmo trutta; biomass production; diet; ecosystems; geographical distribution; global warming; mark-recapture studies; predators; prediction; streams; subsidies; trophic levels; trout; water temperature; Iceland; Show all 16 Subjects
- ... Global warming is widely predicted to reduce the biomass production of top predators, or even result in species loss. Several exceptions to this expectation have been identified, however, and it is vital that we understand the underlying mechanisms if we are to improve our ability to predict future trends. Here, we used a natural warming experiment in Iceland and quantitative theoretical predictio ...
- PubMed Central: