Jump to Main Content
- Goldblum, Randall M.; Ning, Bo; Judy, Barbara M.; Holthauzen, Luis Marcelo F.; van Bavel, Julius; Kamijo, Atsushi; Midoro-Horiuti, Terumi
- Molecular Immunology 2016 v.74 pp. 106-112
- hay fever, etc ; Juniperus ashei; allergens; epitopes; immunoglobulin E; mice; monoclonal antibodies; patients; pollen; therapeutics; France; Japan; United States; Show all 13 Subjects
- ... We recently described a dominant role for conformational epitopes on the group 1 allergen of the mountain cedar (Juniperus ashei, Cupressaceae), Jun a 1, in pollen hypersensitivity in South Central U.S.A. Since these epitopes are surface exposed and are likely to be flexible, they may be susceptible to molecular or physical perturbations. This may make Jun a 1 a potential target for new forms of t ...
- PubMed Central:
- Depciuch, J; Kasprzyk, I; Roga, E; Parlinska-Wojtan, M
- Environmental science and pollution research international 2016 v.23 no.22 pp. 23203-23214
- hay fever, etc ; Artemisia vulgaris; Fourier transform infrared spectroscopy; absorbance; air pollutants; air pollution; air quality; allergenicity; chemical composition; environmental monitoring; human population; lipids; people; pollen; polysaccharides; protein structure; proteins; risk; scanning electron microscopy; sporopollenin; traffic; Europe; Show all 22 Subjects
- ... Nowadays, pollen allergy becomes an increasing problem for human population. Common mugwort (Artemisia vulgaris L.) is one of the major allergenic plants in Europe. In this study, the influence of air pollution caused by traffic on the structure and chemical composition of common mugwort pollen was investigated. Scanning electron microscopy (SEM), Fourier transform infrared spectroscopy (FTIR), an ...
- PubMed Central: