Jump to Main Content
- Hamidinia, Dariush; Maraghi, Sharif; Azimi, Farideh; Ai, Armin; Shirian, Sadegh
- Journal of parasitic diseases 2016 v.40 no.2 pp. 387-389
- swamps, etc ; Schistosoma haematobium; air; bladder; blood vessels; carcinoma; climate; drying; emissions; health education; health promotion; hematuria; humans; irrigation canals; parasites; patients; ponds; rain; rivers; schistosomiasis; snails; students; temperature; traffic; urine; Iran; Iraq; Show all 27 Subjects
- ... Climate is defined as the combination of climate and air elements of a given region which is usually measured for a period of decades. De-marton climate classification has been established based on many factors, including elements such as temperature and rainfall. Vesicle schistosomiasis is a parasitic disease caused by Schistosoma haematobium. This parasite lives in the blood vessels of the bladd ...
- PubMed Central:
- Shepard, John J.; Andreadis, Theodore G.; Thomas, Michael C.; Molaei, Goudarz
- Parasites & vectors 2016 v.9 no.1 pp. 474
- swamps, etc ; Aedes cinereus; Anopheles punctipennis; Baeolophus bicolor; Coquillettidia perturbans; Culex restuans; Culex territans; Culiseta melanura; Culiseta morsitans; Eastern equine encephalitis virus; Hylocichla mustelina; Odocoileus virginianus; amphibians; arboviruses; birds; blood; blood meal; cytochrome b; cytochrome-c oxidase; epizootic diseases; freshwater; hardwood; horses; hosts; humans; mitochondria; nucleotide sequences; polymerase chain reaction; virus transmission; Connecticut; Show all 30 Subjects
- ... BACKGROUND: Eastern equine encephalitis virus (EEEV) is a highly pathogenic mosquito-borne arbovirus, with active transmission foci in freshwater hardwood swamps in eastern North America, where enzootic transmission is maintained between the ornithophilic mosquito, Culiseta melanura, and wild passerine birds. The role of other locally abundant mosquito species in virus transmission and their assoc ...
- PubMed Central: