Jump to Main Content
- Peres, Sara; Magalhães, M. Clara F.; Abreu, Maria Manuela; Leitão, Sara; Santos, Ana; Cerejeira, Maria José
- Journal of soils and sediments 2016 v.16 no.5 pp. 1612-1624
- Artemia franciscana, etc ; Brachionus; X-ray diffraction; anhydrite; arsenic; brackish water; cadmium; calcium; carbonates; chromium; copper; crystals; dolomite; ecosystems; ecotoxicology; electrical conductivity; epsomite; estuaries; estuarine sediments; evaporation; extraction; iron oxides; landfills; leachates; leaching; lead; magnesium; mass spectrometry; neutron activation analysis; pH; pollution control; polyhalite; potassium; risk; rivers; salt marshes; sediment contamination; sodium; steel; sulfates; sulfides; toxicity; wastes; wet digestion method; zinc; Show all 45 Subjects
- ... PURPOSE: Wastes from a former Portuguese steel plant were deposited between 1961 and 2001 on the riverbank of a tributary of the Tagus River creating a landfill connected to the river, posing a potential contamination risk to the Tagus estuary ecosystem. This study aims to assess the transfer of chemical elements from contaminated sediments to the estuarine water from cycles of sediment leaching s ...
- Jemec, Anita; Kahru, Anne; Potthoff, Annegret; Drobne, Damjana; Heinlaan, Margit; Böhme, Steffi; Geppert, Mark; Novak, Sara; Schirmer, Kristin; Rekulapally, Rohit; Singh, Shashi; Aruoja, Villem; Sihtmäe, Mariliis; Juganson, Katre; Käkinen, Aleksandr; Kühnel, Dana
- Environment international 2016 v.87 pp. 20-32
- Artemia franciscana, etc ; Danio rerio; Daphnia magna; Oncorhynchus mykiss; Protozoa; Selenastrum capricornutum; Tetrahymena thermophila; Vibrio fischeri; algae; bacteria; data collection; digestive system; ecotoxicology; embryo (animal); hazard identification; hydrodynamics; in vitro studies; marine crustaceans; median effective concentration; metal ions; nanosilver; prediction; silver; silver nitrate; toxicity; toxicity testing; trophic levels; Show all 27 Subjects
- ... Within the FP7 EU project NanoValid a consortium of six partners jointly investigated the hazard of silver nanoparticles (AgNPs) paying special attention to methodical aspects that are important for providing high-quality ecotoxicity data. Laboratories were supplied with the same original stock dispersion of AgNPs. All partners applied a harmonised procedure for storage and preparation of toxicity ...