Jump to Main Content
- Indra, Alexander, et al. Show all 7 Authors
- Parasites & vectors 2016 v.9 no.1 pp. 284
- Aedes albopictus; Ochlerotatus japonicus; field experimentation; Austria; Hungary; Italy; Slovenia
- ... BACKGROUND: In 2011 we identified the Asian bush mosquito, Aedes japonicus japonicus (Theobald, 1901) (Diptera: Culicidae) for the first time in northern Slovenia and in the bordering Austrian federal state of Styria. Between May and July 2012 the distribution area of Ae. j. japonicus was already found to be extended westwards into Carinthia and eastwards towards Burgenland and bordering Hungary. ...
- PubMed Central:
- Indra, Alexander, et al. Show all 5 Authors
- Parasitology research 2016 v.115 no.9 pp. 3365-3374
- Legionella pneumophila; bacteria; cooling; pathogenicity; pathogens; polymerase chain reaction; screening
- ... Free-living amoebae (FLA) are widely spread in the environment and known to cause rare but often serious infections. Besides this, FLA may serve as vehicles for bacterial pathogens. In particular, Legionella pneumophila is known to replicate within FLA thereby also gaining enhanced infectivity. Cooling towers have been the source of outbreaks of Legionnaires’ disease in the past and are thus usual ...
- PubMed Central:
- Indra, Alexander, et al. Show all 11 Authors
- Journal of biotechnology 2016 v.235 pp. 181-186
- Listeria monocytogenes; foodborne illness; genome; humans; listeriosis; monitoring; multilocus sequence typing; multiple-locus variable number tandem-repeat analysis; polymerase chain reaction; pulsed-field gel electrophoresis; serotypes; tandem repeat sequences
- ... Whole genome sequencing (WGS) is currently becoming the method of choice for characterization of Listeria monocytogenes isolates in national reference laboratories (NRLs). WGS is superior with regards to accuracy, resolution and analysis speed in comparison to several other methods including serotyping, PCR, pulsed field gel electrophoresis (PFGE), multilocus sequence typing (MLST), multilocus var ...