Jump to Main Content
- Zhu, Yijun; Ksibe, Amira Z.; Schäfer, Hendrik; Blindauer, Claudia A.; Bugg, Timothy D. H.; Chen, Yin
- The FEBS journal 2016 v.283 no.21 pp. 3979-3993
- Methylocella, etc ; aspartic acid; catalytic activity; dimethylamine; formaldehyde; hydrogen bonding; hydrophobicity; iron; mass spectrometry; models; oxygen; site-directed mutagenesis; stoichiometry; trimethylamine; zinc; Show all 15 Subjects
- ... Bacterial trimethylamine N‐oxide (TMAO) demethylase, Tdm, carries out an unusual oxygen‐independent demethylation reaction, resulting in the formation of dimethylamine and formaldehyde. In this study, site‐directed mutagenesis, homology modelling and metal analyses by inorganic mass spectrometry have been applied to gain insight into metal stoichiometry and underlying catalytic mechanism of Tdm of ...
- Muenmee, Sutharat; Chiemchaisri, Wilai; Chiemchaisri, Chart
- International biodeterioration & biodegradation 2016 v.113 pp. 244-255
- Methylocella, etc ; Nitrobacter; Methylococcus capsulatus; heterotrophs; alcohols; Nitrosomonas; nitrifying bacteria; polyethylene; oxidation; molecular weight; autotrophs; polystyrenes; methanotrophs; weight loss; wastes; landfills; aeration; Burkholderia; lysimeters; methane; biodegradation; polypropylenes; Show all 22 Subjects
- ... The biodegradation of waste plastics (high/low density polyethylene, HDPE/LDPE; polypropylene, PP; polystyrene, PS) in the simulated lysimeters of semi-aerobic landfill was investigated under different range of aeration rates (1–2 ml min⁻¹) concurrently with a constant rate of a synthetic landfill gas. Methane oxidation was found throughout waste bed of a 1 ml min⁻¹ aerated lysimeter while methane ...