Jump to Main Content
- Sala, Antonello, et al. Show all 3 Authors
- Fisheries research 2016 v.183 pp. 13-18
- Illex; Merluccius merluccius; Mullus barbatus; Parapenaeus longirostris; Trachurus trachurus; Trisopterus; fisheries; shrimp; squid
- ... A 50mm square-mesh panel was inserted in front of the codend in a Mediterranean bottom trawl as an attempt to improve the exploitation pattern for Trachurus trachurus (Atlantic horse mackerel), Merluccius merluccius (European hake), Mullus barbatus (red mullet), Trisopterus minutus capelanus (poor cod), Illex coindetii (broadtail shortfin squid), and Parapenaeus longirostris (deep-water rose shrim ...
- Sala, Antonello, et al. Show all 5 Authors
- Canadian journal of fisheries and aquatic sciences 2016 v.74 no.3 pp. 339-348
- clams; fisheries; fisheries management; models
- ... In hydraulic dredge clam fisheries, the onboard mechanical sorting can be considered as the main catch selection process. The catch is mechanically sorted by a sieve made up of a series of successive grids with holes of decreasing diameter. The effect of the grid hole diameter and sorting speed of the vibrating sieve of a hydraulic dredger was investigated in a field study to determine its clam se ...