Jump to Main Content
- Abbasi, Naeem Akhtar, et al. Show all 4 Authors
- The Science of the total environment 2016 v.542 pp. 411-426
- Aves; DDT (pesticide); HCH (pesticide); bioaccumulation; birds; carbon; detection limit; dietary nutrient sources; ethane; exposure pathways; food chain; hexabromocyclododecane; hexachlorobenzene; human population; humans; lipid content; migratory behavior; nitrogen; persistent organic pollutants; polybrominated diphenyl ethers; polychlorinated biphenyls; polychlorinated dibenzodioxins; polychlorinated dibenzofurans; stable isotopes; tissues; wildlife; China; India; Japan; South Korea; West Asia
- ... The release of harmful chemicals in the Asian environment has recently increased dramatically due to rising industrial and agricultural activities. About 60% of the global human population is currently living on the Asian continent and may thus be exposed to a large range of different chemicals. Different classes of organohalogen chemicals have indeed been reported in various environmental compart ...
- Abbasi, Naeem Akhtar, et al. Show all 8 Authors
- The Science of the total environment 2016 v.569-570 pp. 1408-1417
- DDE (pesticide); DDT (pesticide); Milvus migrans; aquatic habitat; birds of prey; carbon; feathers; hexachlorobenzene; nitrogen; omnivores; piscivores; polychlorinated biphenyls; stable isotopes; tail; Pakistan
- ... Little is known about the levels of organochlorines (OCs) in predatory bird species from Asia or the factors governing their concentrations. This study is the first report on concentrations of polychlorinated biphenyls (PCBs) and organochlorine pesticides (OCPs) in predatory birds of Pakistan. The concentrations of PCBs and OCPs were investigated using tail feathers of ten different species of pre ...