Jump to Main Content
- Athmouni, Khaled, et al. Show all 6 Authors
- Ecotoxicology 2016 v.25 no.10 pp. 1849-1857
- ecotoxicology; estradiol; estriol; estrone; risk; risk assessment; sewage; sewage effluent; sewage treatment; sludge; soil amendments
- ... The occurrence, fate and ecotoxicological assessment of selected estrogenic compounds were investigated at Tunisian urban sewage treatment plant. The influents, effluents, as well as primary, secondary and dehydrated sludge, were sampled and analyzed for the target estrogens to evaluate their fate. All target compounds were detected in both sewage and sludge with mean concentrations from 0.062 to ...
- Athmouni, Khaled, et al. Show all 5 Authors
- Journal of applied phycology 2016 v.28 no.2 pp. 991-999
- Dunaliella salina; antioxidant activity; cadmium; carotenoids; chlorophyll; flavonoids; pollution; polyphenols; protein content; reactive oxygen species; secondary metabolites
- ... The present study investigates the growth of Dunaliella salina as influenced by cadmium (Cd) contamination. Growth was measured in terms of cell number and chlorophyll a content and was found to decrease with increasing Cd concentration. This metal, which was mainly removed by bioadsorption to cell surfaces (95.34 ± 3.04 % of total Cd removed), also drastically reduced the soluble and insoluble ca ...