Jump to Main Content
- Canto-Canché, Blondy B., et al. Show all 4 Authors
- Microbiological research 2016 v.188-189 pp. 23-33
- Acidobacteria; Actinobacteria; Basidiomycota; Fusarium; Leptosols; Proteobacteria; bacterial communities; calcium carbonate; community structure; fungal communities; fungi; nitrogen; organic matter; phosphorus
- ... Yucatán State is dominated by two kinds of soil, named “Black Leptosol” and “Red Leptosol”, which are interwoven across the State. In this work, we analyzed the relation between the edaphic characteristics and the bacterial and fungal community structures in these two kinds of Leptosol. The results revealed that Black Leptosol (BlaS) had a higher content of calcium carbonates, organic matter, nitr ...
- Canto-Canché, Blondy B., et al. Show all 6 Authors
- Gene 2016 v.593 no.1 pp. 154-161
- clones; databases; genes; genomic libraries; groundwater; hydrolysis; metagenomics; microorganisms; models; open reading frames; phenotype; phylogeny; proteinases; proteins; proteolysis; screening; sequence analysis; signal peptide; zymogens
- ... Metagenomics is a culture-independent technology that allows access to novel and potentially useful genetic resources from a wide range of unknown microorganisms. In this study, a fosmid metagenomic library of tropical underground water was constructed, and clones were functionally screened for extracellular proteolytic activity. One of the positive clones, containing a 41,614-bp insert, had two g ...