Jump to Main Content
Did you mean to type: levin?
- Madappa, Lavin P., et al. Show all 6 Authors
- Agronomy for sustainable development 2016 v.36 no.3 pp. 42
- Grevillea; agroforestry; beans; crop management; crop production; ecosystem services; fauna; flora; indigenous species; introduced species; irrigation; liming; pruning; shade trees; small fruits; species diversity; tropics; weed control; India
- ... Agroforestry systems usually include a high density and diversity of shade trees. Such systems often have a large diversity of fauna and flora and provide local and regional ecosystem services. Shade trees are, however, being removed to increase crop production in many tropical regions. There is little knowledge on the effect of shade trees on crop production in the context of trade-offs with othe ...
- Lavín, P., et al. Show all 8 Authors
- Meat science 2016 v.116 pp. 221-229
- diet; discoloration; grape pomace; grape seed extract; lamb meat; lipid peroxidation; longissimus muscle; nutritional intervention; polyphenols; sensory properties; shelf life; slaughter; spoilage; thiobarbituric acid-reactive substances; vitamin E
- ... The effect of dietary treatment (CTRL, control; VIT-E, 500mgkg−1 vitamin E; GSE, 50mg grape seed extract kg−1; GP-5, 5% dried red grape pomace kg−1) on shelf life of lamb meat was studied. After slaughter (27kg LBW), m. longissimus thoracis et lumborum was sliced, packaged under modified atmosphere (80:20%/O2:CO2) and stored in retail conditions for 14days. At each sampling day (0, 4, 7, 11, 14), ...
- Lavín, P., et al. Show all 7 Authors
- Journal of dairy science 2016 v.99 no.2 pp. 1111-1120
- alpha-linolenic acid; antioxidants; branched chain fatty acids; ewes; experimental diets; fatty acid composition; forage; grape pomace; grapes; ingredients; linoleic acid; linseed oil; lipid content; milk; milk consumption; milk fatty acids; milk yield; phenolic compounds; rumen; total mixed rations; vitamin E; vitamin supplements; wine industry
- ... Grape pomace is a by-product resulting from the winery industry that is rich in phenolic compounds. It could play a role as an antioxidant and, owing to its high fiber concentration, it would be an alternative ingredient to partially replace forage in the diet of small ruminants. The objective of this study was to evaluate the effect of dietary supplementation of vitamin E or different doses of gr ...