Jump to Main Content
- Álvarez, Xana, et al. Show all 4 Authors
- Environmental science and pollution research international 2016 v.23 no.21 pp. 21577-21583
- Kirchneriella; Microcystis aeruginosa; Scenedesmus; decision making; environmental factors; eutrophication; microalgae; microcystin-LR; summer; temperature; water supply
- ... There are some different freshwater algae in Eutrophic reservoirs which bloom with specific environmental conditions, and some of them are cyanobacteria. In this investigation, we have cultivated microalgae present in natural water samples from a eutrophic reservoir. Variations in temperature and light were evaluated, as well as the competition among different green algae and cyanobacteria. There ...
- Álvarez, Xana, et al. Show all 7 Authors
- Bioresource technology 2016 v.204 pp. 152-156
- Eucalyptus globulus; algae; bark; biomass; boilers; branches; calcium chloride; coagulants; coagulation; forestry; freshwater; fuels; pellets; sodium alginate; tannins
- ... There is a comparison of different coagulants: calcium chloride (20, 60, 120 and 180mg/L); sodium alginate (10 and 20mg/L) and tannins of Eucalyptus globulus bark (10 and 20mg/L) in order to make the most of each method. The results show that 20mg/L of tannin achieved a recovery efficiency of 95.35±1.16, sodium alginate 90.49±0.53 and 84.04±2.29 for calcium chloride. Taking into account the econom ...