Jump to Main Content
- Addo, O. Yaw, et al. Show all 6 Authors
- Nutrients 2016 v.8 no.7
- anemia; girls; inflammation; iron; nationalities and ethnic groups; nutrient deficiencies; nutrition surveys; nutritional status; overweight; regression analysis; school children; sociodemographic characteristics; socioeconomic status; vitamin A; Colombia; Mexico; United States
- ... Anemia affects approximately 25% of school-aged children (SAC—aged 5.00–14.99 years) globally. We determined in three countries the prevalence and determinants of anemia in SAC. Data on sociodemographics, inflammation and nutrition status were obtained from the 2006 Mexican National Nutrition Survey, the 2003-6 US National Health and Nutrition Examination Surveys, and the 2010 Encuesta Nacional de ...
- Addo, O Yaw, et al. Show all 9 Authors
- TheAmerican journal of clinical nutrition 2016 v.103 no.3 pp. 934-941
- anemia; bed nets; childhood; clinical trials; community nutrition programs; cough; data analysis; diarrhea; disinfectants; fever; fortified foods; iron; malaria; malnutrition; monitoring; morbidity; pesticide application; powders; preschool children; respiratory tract diseases; sales; soaps; villages; vitamin A; zinc; Kenya
- ... Background: Although the use of micronutrient powders (MNPs) is considered the preferred approach for childhood anemia control, concerns about iron-related morbidity from clinical trials have challenged programmatic scale-up. Objective: We aimed to measure the effects of community-based sales of MNPs on diarrhea-, fever-, cough-, and malaria-morbidity episodes in children 6–35 mo of age. Design: W ...