Jump to Main Content
Did you mean to type: dalit?
- Arora, Daljit Singh, et al. Show all 3 Authors
- Applied biochemistry and biotechnology 2016 v.180 no.2 pp. 289-305
- Callistemon citrinus; antibacterial properties; cell viability; microorganisms; minimum inhibitory concentration; mutagenicity; pH; pathogens; refrigeration; response surface methodology; screening; seed extracts; seeds; shelf life; temperature; tetrazolium; thermal stability
- ... Plants have always been eminent source of medicinal products. Screening of the aqueous seeds extract of Callistemon lanceolatus (bottle brush) revealed its broad spectrum antimicrobial potential with an inhibition zone ranging from 13 to 28 mm against various pathogenic microorganisms. While optimizing the different parameters the antimicrobial activity was better expressed at 15 % concentration, ...
- Arora, Daljit Singh, et al. Show all 7 Authors
- Lebensmittel-Wissenschaft + [i.e. und] Technologie 2016 v.65 pp. 1025-1030
- Candida albicans; Escherichia coli; Klebsiella pneumoniae; Syzygium cumini; anti-infective properties; antibiotic resistance; antioxidant activity; antioxidants; caffeic acid; delphinidin; gallic acid; growth retardation; methicillin; methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus; minimum inhibitory concentration; pathogens; polyphenols; quercetin; sinapic acid; virulent strains
- ... The present study was undertaken to examine antioxidant and antimicrobial activities of jambolan fruit polyphenols against reference pathogenic strains (Staphylococcus aureus, methicillin-resistant S. aureus [MRSA], Escherichia coli, Klebsiella pneumoniae and Candida albicans) and were compared to that of polyphenol standards (gallic acid, quercetin, caffeic acid, sinapic acid and delphinidin chlo ...