Jump to Main Content
- Baranyai, Edina, et al. Show all 5 Authors
- Urban forestry & urban greening 2016 v.20 pp. 12-19
- Acer campestre; Fraxinus excelsior; Platanus acerifolia; air pollution; air quality; aluminum; barium; buildings; cadmium; cement; chromium; copper; correlation; discriminant analysis; dust; factories; iron; lead; leaves; manganese; monitoring; organic matter; rural areas; silicon; sodium; steel; strontium; suburban areas; trees; urbanization; zinc; Hungary
- ... Elemental concentrations of deposited dust and leaf tissue are often used to assess the level of contamination, and for monitoring air pollution. Leaves of Platanus x acerifolia, Fraxinus excelsior and Acer campestre were used to assess the amount of deposited dust and the elemental concentrations of deposited dust and leaf tissue in and around the city of Miskolc, Hungary. Samples were collected ...
- Baranyai, Edina, et al. Show all 8 Authors
- Ecological indicators 2016 v.60 pp. 258-264
- Pterostichus; aluminum; anthropogenic activities; autumn; barium; breeding; cadmium; copper; females; food chain; forests; iron; lead; males; manganese; monitoring; nickel; plant litter; pollution; spring; strontium; terrestrial ecosystems; toxic substances; toxicity; urbanization; zinc
- ... Urbanization and anthropogenic activities are the major source of environmental pollution which may cause damage in terrestrial ecosystems and their organisms. Toxic elements can accumulate in soil and leave tissue; thus, through the food chain they can accumulate in predatory organisms. The aim of our study was to investigate the effects of urbanization on toxic element concentration in soil, lea ...