Jump to Main Content
- Brang, Peter, et al. Show all 6 Authors
- Ecological applications 2016 v.26 no.8 pp. 2463-2477
- trees; forests; inventories; uncertainty; data collection; forestry development; forest reserves; temporal variation; models; climate change; tree mortality; Fagus sylvatica; mortality; prediction; tree growth; windthrow; regression analysis; stand basal area; Ukraine; Germany; Switzerland
- ... Large uncertainties characterize forest development under global climate change. Although recent studies have found widespread increased tree mortality, the patterns and processes associated with tree death remain poorly understood, thus restricting accurate mortality predictions. Yet, projections of future forest dynamics depend critically on robust mortality models, preferably based on empirical ...
- Brang, Peter, et al. Show all 5 Authors
- Forest ecology and management 2016 v.364 pp. 145-153
- Picea abies; cutting; dendrochronology; edge effects; forest management; forest stands; harvesting; linear models; planning; stems; subalpine forests; tree growth; trees; Alps region; Switzerland
- ... New forest edges are continuously being created by forest management. In the Swiss Alps, silvicultural treatments have partly changed from the selection cutting widespread two decades ago to a more intensive strip cutting. However, little is known about the impact of such harvesting on tree growth and on the structural development of Alpine forest stands dominated by Norway spruce (Picea abies (L. ...