Jump to Main Content
- Camacho, Juan Pedro M., et al. Show all 4 Authors
- Molecular genetics and genomics 2016 v.291 no.5 pp. 1909-1917
- B chromosomes; Eyprepocnemis plorans; complementary DNA; females; gene expression; gene expression regulation; genes; gonads; grasshoppers; heat-shock protein 70; males; parasites; parasitism; quantitative polymerase chain reaction; somatic cells; transcription (genetics)
- ... As intragenomic parasites, B chromosomes can elicit stress in the host genome, thus inducing a response for host adaptation to this kind of continuous parasitism. In the grasshopper Eyprepocnemis plorans, B-chromosome presence has been previously associated with a decrease in the amount of the heat-shock protein 70 (HSP70). To investigate whether this effect is already apparent at transcriptional ...
- Camacho, Juan Pedro M., et al. Show all 11 Authors
- Molecular genetics and genomics 2016 v.291 no.3 pp. 1407-1418
- Astyanax; B chromosomes; chromosome painting; eukaryotic cells; fish; genes; histones; internal transcribed spacers; microsatellite repeats; ribosomal DNA; satellite DNA; sequence homology; transposons; uncertainty
- ... Eukaryote genomes are frequently burdened with the presence of supernumerary (B) chromosomes. Their origin is frequently investigated by chromosome painting, under the hypothesis that sharing the repetitive DNA sequences contained in the painting probes is a sign of common descent. However, the intragenomic mobility of many anonymous DNA sequences contained in these probes (e.g., transposable elem ...