Jump to Main Content
- Campina, Fábia F., et al. Show all 11 Authors
- Microbial pathogenesis 2016 v.97 pp. 9-13
- Staphylococcus aureus; adjuvants; antibiotic resistance; antibiotics; bacteria; bacterial infections; ethidium; fluoroquinolones; multiple drug resistance; pathogens; tannins; therapeutics; transporters
- ... During the early periods of antibiotic usage, bacterial infections were considered tamed. However, widespread antibiotic use has promoted the emergence of antibiotic-resistant pathogens, including multidrug resistant strains. Active efflux is a mechanism for bacterial resistance to inhibitory substances, known simply as drug efflux pumps. The bacterium Staphylococcus aureus is an important pathoge ...
- Campina, Fabia F., et al. Show all 15 Authors
- Industrial crops and products 2016 v.94 pp. 903-908
- Azadirachta indica; Escherichia coli; Pseudomonas aeruginosa; Staphylococcus aureus; adverse effects; aminoglycosides; antibacterial properties; bacteria; bark; carbapenems; catechin; chlorogenic acid; coumarin; gallic acid; high performance liquid chromatography; insecticidal properties; kaempferol; leaves; metabolites; minimum inhibitory concentration; quercetin; Africa; Australia; North America; South America; South East Asia
- ... The rising of resistant bacterial lineages as well as the development of significant side effects of antibacterial drugs have made urgent the development of researches for identification of new bioactive antibacterial compounds. Azadirachta indica is a plant species popularly known as “Nim”. This plant originates from Southeast Asia, and is amply found in Africa, Australia and in the Americas. It ...