Jump to Main Content
- Campo, Julián, et al. Show all 3 Authors
- MethodsX 2016 v.3 pp. 343-349
- equipment; flame retardants; gas chromatography; liquid chromatography; organophosphorus compounds; solid phase extraction; tandem mass spectrometry; wastewater
- ... Few methods are available for comprehensive organophosphate flame retardants (PFRs) detection in water and wastewater. Gas chromatography has been employed previously, but this approach is less selective, not amenable for use with deuterated standards and can suffer unfavorable fragmentation. Ultra-high-pressure liquid chromatography tandem mass spectrometry (UHPLC-QqQ-MS/MS) has become the most p ...
- PubMed Central:
- Campo, Julian, et al. Show all 6 Authors
- Environmental research 2016 v.147 pp. 503-512
- Daphnia; algae; basins; effluents; fish; human health; laws and regulations; perfluorocarbons; perfluorooctane sulfonic acid; pollution; risk; rivers; sediments; sewage treatment; sulfonates; watersheds; Spain
- ... The presence, sources and partitioning of 21 perfluoroalkyl substances (PFASs: C4–C14, C16, C18 carboxylate, C4, C6–C10 sulfonates and C8 sulfonamide) were assessed in water, sediment, and biota of the Jucar River basin (E Spain). Considering the three matrices, perfluoropentanoate (PFPeA) and perfluorooctane sulfonate (PFOS) were the most frequent compounds, being remarkable the high occurrence o ...
- Campo, Julián, et al. Show all 6 Authors
- The Science of the total environment 2016 v.540 pp. 191-199
- anthropogenic activities; aquatic environment; atmospheric deposition; basins; fish; military lands; perfluorocarbons; perfluorooctane sulfonic acid; perfluorooctanoic acid; pollutants; population density; resorts; rivers; sediments; urban areas; watersheds; Spain
- ... Mediterranean rivers are characteristically irregular with changes in flow and located in high population density areas. This affects the concentration of pollutants in the aquatic environments. In this study, the occurrence and sources of 21 perfluoroalkyl substances (PFASs) were determined in water, sediment and biota of the Ebro and Guadalquivir river basins (Spain). In water samples, of 21 ana ...