Jump to Main Content
- Shi, Lei; Feng, Qinglai; Shen, Jun; Ito, Tsuyoshi; Chen, Zhong-Qiang
- Palaeogeography, palaeoclimatology, palaeoecology 2016 v.444 pp. 1-14
- Capitanian age, etc ; Roadian age; aerobic conditions; basins; cooling; oceans; primary productivity; volcanic activity; weathering; China; Show all 10 Subjects
- ... The Middle Permian is a critical period when a possible cooling regime prevailed and massive deep-water cherty sediments were deposited in the South China Craton. An integration of radiolarian paleoecologic and geochemical studies from the Middle Permian Gufeng cherty succession of western Hubei Province, South China tests the relationships among oceanic productivity, redox conditions, and radiola ...
- Isbell, John L.; Biakov, Alexander S.; Vedernikov, Igor L.; Davydov, Vladimir I.; Gulbranson, Erik L.; Fedorchuk, Nicholas D.
- Earth-science reviews 2016 v.154 pp. 279-300
- Capitanian age, etc ; Cenozoic era; basins; biogeography; climate change; fossils; glaciation; glass; ice; mud flows; sandstone; solidification; tuff; Asia; Show all 14 Subjects
- ... Despite a lack of detailed sedimentologic analyses, diamictites in the Middle Permian Atkan Formation were previously interpreted as glaciomarine and glacially-influenced marine deposits. This interpretation allowed this unit to play a prominent role in paleoclimatic and biogeographical reconstructions associated with presumed bipolar glaciation during the late Paleozoic ice age (LPIA). In this se ...