Jump to Main Content
- Carrera, Jesus, et al. Show all 4 Authors
- Advances in water resources 2016 v.91 pp. 63-77
- equations; geometry; mass transfer; models; porous media; water resources
- ... We study modeling of two-phase flow in highly heterogeneous fractured and porous media. The flow behaviour is strongly influenced by mass transfer between a highly permeable (mobile) fracture domain and less permeable (immobile) matrix blocks. We quantify the effective two-phase flow behavior using a multirate rate mass transfer (MRMT) approach. We discuss the range of applicability of the MRMT ap ...
- Carrera, Jesus, et al. Show all 5 Authors
- Engineering geology 2016 v.207 pp. 91-102
- data collection; dewatering; drawdown; geology; groundwater; hydraulic conductivity; water table; wells; Spain
- ... Excavations below the water table are usually undertaken by combining the protection of retaining walls with dewatering by pumping wells. Severe difficulties may arise if the retaining walls have defects. Therefore, their state must be determined and, if needed, the defects repaired or the dewatering system redesigned. The state of underground retaining walls can be evaluated using hydrogeological ...