Jump to Main Content
- Choe, Wonho, et al. Show all 7 Authors
- Food science and biotechnology 2016 v.25 no.4 pp. 1189-1195
- Escherichia coli; Listeria monocytogenes; Salmonella Typhimurium; aerobes; bacteria; breasts; chickens; cohesion; color; exposure duration; genotoxicity; lipid peroxidation; microbiological quality; mutagenicity; off flavors; sensory evaluation; texture
- ... The microbiological safety, quality changes, and genotoxicity of chicken breasts treated with flexible thin-layer dielectric barrier discharge (FTDBD) plasma inside a sealed package were investigated. Following 10 min plasma treatment, the numbers of total aerobic bacteria, Listeria monocytogenes, Escherichia coli, and Salmonella Typhimurium were reduced by 3.36, 2.14, 2.73, and 2.71 Log CFU/g, re ...
- PubMed Central:
- Choe, Wonho, et al. Show all 8 Authors
- Archives of biochemistry and biophysics 2016
- Salmonella Typhimurium; atmospheric pressure; bacteria; bacterial motility; cleaning; food processing; humans
- ... Atmospheric pressure plasma (APP) has been shown effective in sterilization by reducing the number of viable microbes during surface cleaning, food processing, or human tissue treatment. For safe conduct, the majority of previous research focused on complete abolition of microbes, which may require severe treatments. Our aim is to investigate the minimal treatment conditions necessary for effectiv ...