Jump to Main Content
- Coelho, Elisabete, et al. Show all 5 Authors
- Carbohydrate polymers 2016 v.139 pp. 167-176
- arabinose; arabinoxylan; fermentation; gel chromatography; methylation; prebiotics; probiotics; screening; spent grains; tandem mass spectrometry; uronic acids; xylanases; xylose
- ... The brewers’ spent grain (BSG) arabinoxylans (AX) have been described to be composed by a backbone of (β1→4)-linked xylose residues containing only single units of arabinose as side chains. However, this is not in accordance with the structural features of AX from other cereal sources. Aiming to disclose the possibility of additional structural details, fractions enriched in AX were obtained by se ...
- Coelho, Elisabete, et al. Show all 10 Authors
- Food research international 2016 v.89 pp. 989-996
- adsorption; arabinogalactans; carbohydrate content; coffee (beverage); desorption; dietary fiber; galactomannans; melanoidins; molecular weight; plant extracts; total solids
- ... Single-dose coffee capsule system is a technology used to prepare espresso coffee which offers consumers the possibility to choose among several blends. However, the characterization of espresso coffees extracted with these systems, namely regarding polysaccharides structures and melanoidin content, is scarce. In order to define a carbohydrate and melanoidin composition pattern for single-dose esp ...