Jump to Main Content
- Coimbra, Mónica, et al. Show all 20 Authors
- Veterinary Parasitology: Regional Studies and Reports 2016 v.3-4 pp. 57-59
- Angiostrongylus vasorum; Dirofilaria immitis; analytical kits; angiostrongylosis; antigens; dirofilariasis; dog diseases; dogs; heartworms; serodiagnosis; Portugal
- ... Canine angiostrongylosis, caused by the nematode Angiostrongylus vasorum, is an emerging and spreading disease with an increasing number of cases diagnosed in European countries in the last few years; nevertheless, little information is available in Portugal. The prevalence of A. vasorum antigens was assessed with a rapid test (Angio Detect™) in 400 dogs from four geographic areas of mainland Port ...
- Coimbra, Mónica, et al. Show all 12 Authors
- Parasites & vectors 2016 v.9 no.1 pp. 245
- Nematoda; Protozoa; antiparasitic agents; ascaridiasis; cats; control methods; deworming; dogs; drugs; fever; fipronil; helminths; human population; humans; imidacloprid; leishmaniasis; mange; pet ownership; pets; questionnaires; risk reduction; surveys; ticks; veterinarians; zoonoses; Portugal
- ... BACKGROUND: Parasitic diseases of companion animals comprise a group of globally distributed and rapidly spreading illnesses that are caused by a wide range of arthropods, helminths and protozoa. In addition to their veterinary importance, many of these parasites can also affect the human population, due to their zoonotic potential. The aim of the present work was to evaluate the knowledge of Port ...
- PubMed Central: