Jump to Main Content
- COLLINS, STEVE C., et al. Show all 5 Authors
- Systematic entomology 2016 v.41 no.1 pp. 207-228
- Bicyclus; allopatry; butterflies; holotypes; indigenous species; lectotypes; males; new species; phylogeny; taxonomic keys
- ... In this paper we present a thorough revision of the sciathis species group of the butterfly genus Bicyclus (Kirby). Type materials are discussed and in several cases lectotypes are assigned to specimens from original type series. Four new, and morphologically distinct, species are described (B. elishiae Brattström sp.n., B. heathi Brattström sp.n., B. sigiussidorum Brattström sp.n. and B. subtilis ...
- PubMed Central:
- COLLINS, STEVE C., et al. Show all 7 Authors
- Systematic entomology 2016 v.41 no.4 pp. 717-731
- Nymphalidae; butterflies; genes; monophyly; new combination; new genus; phenotype; researchers; sisters; species diversity; topology; tropics; Africa; Asia; Madagascar
- ... The mycalesine butterfly genus Heteropsis Westwood, 1850 (Satyrinae: Mycalesina) has recently been conceived to be represented in three major palaeotropical regions (Madagascar, Africa and Asia), but there has been no formal taxonomic treatment covering this entire group. Studies aimed at understanding the evolutionary success of Mycalesina in the Old World tropics have been hampered by the lack o ...
- Collins, Steve, et al. Show all 8 Authors
- TheAmerican journal of clinical nutrition 2016 v.103 no.4 pp. 1145-1161
- children; dietetic foods; fat mass index; grains; hemoglobin; lean body mass; malnutrition; methionine; peanuts; public health; randomized clinical trials; weight gain
- ... Background: The cost of current standard ready-to-use therapeutic food (RUTF) is among the major obstacles to scaling up community-based management of acute malnutrition (CMAM), an important child survival strategy. Identifying a cheaper alternative is a global public health priority. Objective: We sought to compare the efficacy of soya-maize-sorghum RUTF (SMS-RUTF) with that of standard peanut pa ...