Jump to Main Content
- Deamici, Kricelle Mosquera, et al. Show all 3 Authors
- Bioresource technology 2016 v.220 pp. 62-67
- Spirulina; biomass; bioreactors; electric current; ferrimagnetic materials; magnetic fields; microalgae
- ... This study aimed at evaluating the influence of magnetic field on the growth and biomass composition of Spirulina sp., cultivated in vertical tubular photobioreactors. Magnetic fields of 5, 30 and 60mT generated by electric current and ferrite magnets were applied at different lengths of time. The magnetic field of 30 and 60mT for 1hd−1 stimulated the growth, thus leading to higher biomass concent ...
- Deamici, Kricelle Mosquera, et al. Show all 4 Authors
- Process biochemistry 2016 v.51 no.7 pp. 912-916
- Chlorella; algae culture; bioactive properties; biofuels; biomass; carbohydrate content; ferrimagnetic materials; lipid content; magnetic fields; metabolism; methodology
- ... Static magnetic fields (SMF) are being studied in microorganism cultures and there are reports that it could accelerate growth or cause changes in metabolism. Thus, this study aims to evaluating the influence of SMF on growth and biomass composition obtained in culture of Chlorella fusca LEB 111 in vertical tubular photobioreactor (VTP). SMF of 30 and 60mT was generated by ferrite magnets and appl ...