Jump to Main Content
- Ducharme, Norm, et al. Show all 7 Authors
- American journal of veterinary research 2016 v.77 no.11 pp. 1245-1251
- electrical treatment; horses; larynx; muscles; nerve tissue; peripheral nervous system diseases
- ... OBJECTIVE To develop and assess the feasibility, repeatability, and safety of an ultrasound-guided technique to stimulate the first cervical nerve (FCN) at the level of the alar foramen of the atlas of horses. ANIMALS 4 equine cadavers and 6 clinically normal Standardbreds. PROCEDURES In each cadaver, the FCN pathway was determined by dissection, and any anastomosis between the first and second ce ...
- Ducharme, Norm G., et al. Show all 10 Authors
- Veterinary surgery 2016 v.45 no.8 pp. 1108-1117
- adults; blindness; case studies; computed tomography; cortex; cutting; geldings; histopathology; surgery; vision
- ... OBJECTIVE: To report a transnasal, endoscopically guided ventral surgical approach for accessing the cranial and caudal segments of the sphenopalatine sinus for mass removal in a horse. STUDY DESIGN: Case report. ANIMAL: Adult horse with acute onset blindness referable to a soft tissue mass within the sphenopalatine sinus. CLINICAL REPORT: A 7‐year‐old Warmblood gelding presented with a history of ...