Jump to Main Content
Did you mean to type: duran?
- Durand, B., et al. Show all 4 Authors
- Transboundary and emerging diseases 2016 v.63 no.1 pp. 101-113
- bovine tuberculosis; breeding; dairy cows; dairy farming; emerging diseases; evolution; family farms; farming systems; grasslands; herds; milk; models; population structure; risk; spatial variation; temporal variation; tuberculin; France
- ... We analysed the spatiotemporal variations of bovine tuberculosis (bTB) incidence between 1965 and 2000 in France at the department level (95 areas). Using a Bayesian space–time model, we studied the association between the evolution of bTB incidence and changes of cattle population structure and of herd management practices. Several spatiotemporal hierarchical Bayesian models were compared, and th ...
- PubMed Central:
- Durand, B., et al. Show all 8 Authors
- Parasites & vectors 2016 v.9 no.1 pp. 466
- Toxoplasma gondii; agglutination tests; antibodies; data collection; farm buildings; farm management; finishing; herds; hygiene; ingestion; large farms; livestock and meat industry; livestock breeding; oocysts; piglets; pork; protective effect; questionnaires; risk factors; seroprevalence; statistical models; suckling; toxoplasmosis; weaning; France
- ... BACKGROUND: Infection by Toxoplasma gondii postnatally can occur after ingestion of contaminated meat or water (tissue cysts/oocysts). In Europe, percentage of meat borne infections is estimated between 30 and 63 %, out of which pork makes the most important source. The aim of this study was to (i) investigate the seroprevalence of T. gondii in intensive pig farms from western France; and (ii) ide ...
- PubMed Central:
- DURAND, B., et al. Show all 12 Authors
- Parasitology 2016 v.143 no.5 pp. 557-567
- Toxoplasma gondii; agglutination tests; breeding; farms; finishing; genotyping; heart; mice; parasites; piglets; pork; restriction fragment length polymorphism; risk factors; seroprevalence; sows; surveys; toxoplasmosis; France
- ... The aim of this study was to assess the seroprevalence of the Toxoplasma gondii parasite in pork produced in France, and to determine infection risk factors. An innovative survey was designed based on annual numbers of slaughtered pigs from intensive and outdoor farms in France. A total of 1549 samples of cardiac fluids were collected from pig hearts to determine seroprevalence using a Modified Ag ...