Jump to Main Content
- Faust, Karoline, et al. Show all 6 Authors
- Environmental microbiology 2016 v.18 no.12 pp. 4862-4877
- high-throughput nucleotide sequencing; mass transfer; microbial communities; models; species diversity
- ... A complex microbial system consisting of six different interconnected localities was thoroughly investigated at full scale for over a year. The metacommunity concept originating from macro‐ecology was used to uncover mechanisms of community assembly by observing microbial interrelationships in and between the different localities via correlation and network analysis. The individual‐based observati ...
- Faust, Karoline, et al. Show all 7 Authors
- Bioinformatics 2016 v.32 no.13 pp. 2038-2040
- Internet; bioinformatics; case-control studies; community structure; computer software; microbiome; models; user interface
- ... Summary: When designing a case-control study to investigate differences in microbial composition, it is fundamental to assess the sample sizes needed to detect an hypothesized difference with sufficient statistical power. Our application includes power calculation for (i) a recoded version of the two-sample generalized Wald test of the ‘HMP’ R-package for comparing community composition, and (ii) ...