Jump to Main Content
- Forest, Félix, et al. Show all 7 Authors
- Journal of biogeography 2016 v.43 no.4 pp. 750-762
- Dioscorea; biogeography; crops; fossils; models; phylogeny; yams; Africa; Arctic region; Madagascar; South America
- ... AIM: Dioscorea (Dioscoreaceae) is a predominantly pantropical genus (< 600 species) that includes the third most important tropical tuber crop and species of pharmacological value. Fossil records from both the Northern and Southern Hemispheres were used to test hypotheses about the origin of the genus Dioscorea, and to examine potential macroevolutionary processes that led to its current distribut ...
- Forest, Félix, et al. Show all 8 Authors
- Functional ecology 2016 v.30 no.9 pp. 1583-1592
- Restionaceae; atmospheric precipitation; biomass production; climate; dry environmental conditions; drying; ecosystems; edaphic factors; evapotranspiration; field experimentation; filters; fire regime; fires; fuel loading; fuels; functional diversity; indigenous species; life history; models; plant establishment; soil fertility; soil types; species diversity; survival rate
- ... While fire‐induced changes in biodiversity are well documented, less is known about how fire impacts life‐history variation and diversity of functional traits that represent distinct strategies for persistence in fire‐driven ecosystems. One example is the dichotomy in which ‘resprouter’ species usually survive fires to produce new growth, while ‘reseeder’ species perish and re‐establish from seed. ...