Jump to Main Content
- Gómez, Eduardo A., et al. Show all 4 Authors
- Geomorphology 2016 v.268 pp. 197-206
- basins; coasts; digital elevation models; earthquakes; geophysics; hazard characterization; inventories; lakes; landslides; surveys; tsunamis; watersheds; Argentina; Chile
- ... The May 22nd, 1960 Valdivia earthquake, Chile (Mw 9.5) triggered a series of subaqueous mass-wasting processes (debris flows and slides) in Lago Nahuel Huapi (Argentina), generating a tsunami-like wave that hit the coasts of San Carlos de Bariloche. Aiming to provide a first preliminary insight into tsunami hazards for the lakeshore communities, in this paper we identify and characterize the subaq ...
- Gomez, Eduardo A., et al. Show all 12 Authors
- Acta tropica 2016 v.153 pp. 116-119
- DNA; Leishmania; colorimetry; cutaneous leishmaniasis; detection limit; developing countries; loop-mediated isothermal amplification; malachite; malachite green; monitoring; parasites; pathogens; patients; rapid methods; Peru
- ... Leishmaniasis remains one of the world’s most neglected diseases, and early detection of the infectious agent, especially in developing countries, will require a simple and rapid test. In this study, we established a quick, one-step, single-tube, highly sensitive loop-mediated isothermal amplification (LAMP) assay for rapid detection of Leishmania DNA from tissue materials spotted on an FTA card. ...