Jump to Main Content
- García-Díaz, S., et al. Show all 6 Authors
- Journal of food science and technology 2016 v.53 no.11 pp. 3996-4006
- breads; diffusivity; dough; drying; enthalpy; freezing; gelatinization; hydrocolloids; melting; microstructure; rheology; scanning electron microscopy; texture; thermal properties; viscoelasticity; wheat flour
- ... This work considered gelatinized wheat flour fraction with properties similar to hydrocolloid to enhance the strength of dough network by improving water retention and rheological characteristics. The gelatinized (90 °C) fraction of the wheat flour was incorporated in the dough formulation at different levels (5, 10, and 20% w/w). The effects of the gelatinized flour (GF) fraction on the dough rhe ...
- PubMed Central:
- Garcia-Diaz, S., et al. Show all 6 Authors
- Food chemistry 2016 v.207 pp. 139-147
- X-radiation; calcium; calcium carbonate; cations; corn; corn starch; crystal structure; dispersions; gelatinization; hydrolysis; microscopy; nixtamalization; particle size distribution; protons; rheology; starch; viscoelasticity
- ... Using calcium salts instead of lime allows for an ecological nixtamalization of maize grains, where the negative contamination impact of the traditional lime nixtamalization is reduced. This work assessed the effects of calcium carbonate (0.0–2.0%w/w CaCO3) on the morphology, crystallinity, rheology and hydrolysis of gelatinized maize starch dispersions (GMSD). Microscopy analysis showed that CaCO ...