Jump to Main Content
- He, Chuanxin, et al. Show all 5 Authors
- Langmuir 2016 v.32 no.46 pp. 12129-12136
- bovine serum albumin; colloids; fetal bovine serum; light scattering; microscopy; phosphates; polyethylene glycol; polystyrenes; quantitative analysis; silica
- ... In this work, we applied total internal reflection microscopy (TIRM) to directly measure the interactions between three different kinds of macroscopic surfaces: namely bare polystyrene (PS) particle and bare silica surface (bare-PS/bare-silica), PS particle and silica surfaces both coated with bovine serum albumin (BSA) (BSA-PS/BSA-silica), and PS particle and silica surfaces both modified with po ...
- He, Chuanxin, et al. Show all 9 Authors
- Langmuir 2016 v.32 no.32 pp. 8238-8244
- atomic force microscopy; chemistry; coatings; microparticles; peptides; polymers; roughness; surface roughness
- ... The presence of surfaces influences the kinetics of amyloid-β (Aβ) peptide fibrillation. Although it has been generally recognized that the fibrillation process can be assisted or accelerated by surface chemistry, the impact of surface topography, i.e., roughness, on peptide fibrillation is relatively little understood. Here we study the role of surface roughness on surface-mediated fibrillation u ...