Jump to Main Content
- Heins, David C., et al. Show all 5 Authors
- Biological journal of the Linnean Society 2016 v.119 no.2 pp. 381-396
- Gasterosteus aculeatus; Schistocephalus; cluster analysis; cytochrome b; gene flow; genes; genetic variation; geography; haplotypes; host range; host-parasite relationships; hosts; microsatellite repeats; mitochondria; parasites; population structure
- ... Comparative studies of genetic diversity and population structure can shed light on the ecological and evolutionary factors that influence host–parasite interactions. Here we examined whether geography, time and genetic variation in Alaskan three‐spined stickleback (Gasterosteus aculeatus Linneaus) hosts shape the population genetic structure of the diphyllobothridean cestode parasite Schistocepha ...
- HEINS, DAVID C., et al. Show all 5 Authors
- Parasitology 2016 v.143 no.12 pp. 1605-1614
- Awaous; Camallanus; Poeciliidae; environmental factors; fish; hosts; hydrochemistry; indigenous species; infectious diseases; introduced species; invasive species; land use; parasites; parasitism; remediation; streams; water quality; watersheds; Molokai
- ... The presence of introduced hosts can increase or decrease infections of co-introduced parasites in native species of conservation concern. In this study, we compared parasite abundance, intensity, and prevalence between native Awaous stamineus and introduced poeciliid fishes by a co-introduced nematode parasite (Camallanus cotti) in 42 watersheds across the Hawaiian Islands. We found that parasite ...