Jump to Main Content
- Hesp, Patrick A., et al. Show all 5 Authors
- Geomorphology 2016 v.254 pp. 104-120
- aerial photography; coasts; estuaries; lakes; mixing; shorelines; vegetation cover; wind erosion; France
- ... Cuspate forelands or salients occur all over the world in lakes, estuaries and on ocean shores, yet there have been few studies conducted on traveling cuspate forelands (or salients), that is, forelands that migrate or travel alongshore. This paper presents a study of a traveling foreland in the Authie estuary, France, termed the Bec du Perroquet. Historical shoreline changes may be traced from th ...
- Hesp, Patrick A., et al. Show all 7 Authors
- Earth-science reviews 2016
- climate; cooperative research; landforms; landscapes; littoral zone; models; monitoring; sand; scientists; sea level; Prince Edward Island
- ... Despite widespread recognition that landforms are complex Earth systems with process-response linkages that span temporal scales from seconds to millennia and spatial scales from sand grains to landscapes, research that integrates knowledge across these scales is fairly uncommon. As a result, understanding of geomorphic systems is often scale-constrained due to a host of methodological, logistical ...