Jump to Main Content
- Hubbard, Susan S., et al. Show all 5 Authors
- Environmental modelling & software 2016 v.85 pp. 27-41
- aquifers; computer software; entropy; environmental models; floodplains; groundwater contamination; hydrologic cycle; rivers; temporal variation; wavelet; weather
- ... Geochemical hot moments are defined here as short periods of time that are associated with disproportionally high levels of concentrations (biogeochemically-driven or transport-related) relative to longer intervening time periods. We used entropy and wavelet techniques to identify temporal variability in geochemical constituents and their controls along three transects within a contaminated floodp ...
- Hubbard, Susan S., et al. Show all 4 Authors
- Trends in microbiology 2016 v.24 no.8 pp. 600-610
- DNA; byproducts; carbon; carbon dioxide; climate; genome; greenhouse gases; groundwater; metagenomics; methane; microbial communities; microorganisms; models; nitrogen; nitrous oxide; plant litter; prediction; recycling; sediments; sulfur; surface water; watersheds
- ... Microorganisms play key roles in terrestrial system processes, including the turnover of natural organic carbon, such as leaf litter and woody debris that accumulate in soils and subsurface sediments. What has emerged from a series of recent DNA sequencing-based studies is recognition of the enormous variety of little known and previously unknown microorganisms that mediate recycling of these vast ...