Jump to Main Content
- Jian, Huimin, et al. Show all 4 Authors
- Ecological indicators 2016 v.70 pp. 373-381
- absorption; algae; biomass; case studies; chlorophyll; data collection; dissolved inorganic nitrogen; estuaries; metabolism; models; nitrogen; nutrients; osmotic pressure; phosphates; phosphorus; salinity; China
- ... This paper presents an initial inquiry into model-based numeric nitrogen and phosphorus criteria for estuaries based on stressor-response models between nutrients and algal biomass (Chl-a concentration) and further studies the effect of salinity (S) on nutrient criteria. Field data collection and associated indoor modeling were conducted in Daliaohe Estuary. Dissolved inorganic nitrogen (DIN), tot ...
- Jian, Huimin, et al. Show all 5 Authors
- Marine pollution bulletin 2016 v.103 no.1-2 pp. 159-167
- aquatic organisms; cadmium; chromium; copper; estuaries; heavy metals; iron; lead; manganese; organic matter; particle size; particulates; pollutants; salinity; suspended sediment; water pollution; weathering; zinc
- ... Suspended particulate matter (SPM) samples were collected along a salinity gradient in the Changjiang Estuary in June 2011. A custom-built water elutriation apparatus was used to separate the suspended sediments into five size fractions. The results indicated that Cr and Pb originated from natural weathering processes, whereas Cu, Zn, and Cd originated from other sources. The distribution of most ...