Jump to Main Content
- Johir, M.A.H., et al. Show all 5 Authors
- Journal of environmental management 2016 v.167 pp. 167-174
- Fourier transform infrared spectroscopy; adsorption; eutrophication; filtration; models; nitrates; pH; phosphates; sulfates; surface water; temperature; thermodynamics; wastewater; zeta potential; zirconium
- ... Excessive phosphate in wastewater should be removed to control eutrophication of water bodies. The potential of employing amorphous zirconium (Zr) hydroxide to remove phosphate from synthetic wastewater was studied in batch adsorption experiments and in a submerged membrane filtration adsorption hybrid (MFAH) reactor. The adsorption data satisfactorily fitted to Langmuir, pseudo-first order and ps ...
- Johir, M.A.H., et al. Show all 7 Authors
- Bioresource technology 2016 v.201 pp. 365-369
- adsorbents; adsorption; anion exchange resins; bioreactors; phosphates; phosphorus; zirconium
- ... Membrane adsorption hybrid system (MAHS) was evaluated for the removal of phosphate from a high rate membrane bioreactor (HR-MBR) effluent. The HR-MBR was operated at permeate flux of 30L/m2h. The results indicated that the HR-MBR could eliminate 93.1±1.5% of DOC while removing less than 53% phosphate (PO4-P). Due to low phosphate removal by HR-MBR, a post-treatment of strong base anion exchange r ...