Jump to Main Content
- Kikuchi, K., et al. Show all 3 Authors
- Reproduction, fertility, and development 2016 v.28 no.2 pp. 153-154
- analysis of variance; blastocyst; cattle; cytoplasm; droplets; embryogenesis; gilts; hatching; in vitro fertilization; lipid metabolism; metaphase; oocytes; survival rate; t-test; vitrification; zygote
- ... The extreme cryo-sensitivity of porcine oocytes and embryos is attributed to their endemically high content of cytoplasmic lipid droplets. In attempts to improve the cryo-tolerance of porcine embryos, various strategies have been used to reduce the amount of lipid droplets present in the cytoplasm before vitrification. Recently, the cryo-tolerance of bovine oocytes vitrified at the metaphase II st ...
- Kikuchi, K., et al. Show all 9 Authors
- Theriogenology 2016 v.85 no.4 pp. 703-708
- electrical treatment; embryogenesis; extrusion; males; meiosis; mitogen-activated protein kinase; mitogen-activated protein kinase kinase; oocytes; pronucleus; protein kinase C; spermatozoa; swine
- ... To assist the process of oocyte activation, which is essential for promotion of fertilization events, i.e., resumption of meiosis, extrusion of the second polar body and formation of the pronucleus (PN), artificial stimuli such as an electrical pulse have been applied to porcine oocytes after injection of sperm. However, the efficiency of fertilization and embryonic development remains low. It is ...