Jump to Main Content
- Kizerwetter-Świda, Magdalena, et al. Show all 4 Authors
- DNA topoisomerase (ATP-hydrolysing); Staphylococcus pseudintermedius; agar; antibiotic resistance; ciprofloxacin; disk diffusion antimicrobial test; dogs; enrofloxacin; genes; marbofloxacin; methicillin; minimum inhibitory concentration; mutation; proteins
- ... We investigated in vitro activity of a novel veterinary fluoroquinolone, pradofloxacin, against methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus pseudintermedius (MRSP) isolates and compared with other fluoroquinolones. A total of 38 MRSP isolates were subjected to agar disk diffusion tests for sensitivity to pradofloxacin, orbifloxacin, marbofloxacin, enrofloxacin, and ciprofloxacin. The minimal inhibitory c ...
- Kizerwetter-Świda, Magdalena, et al. Show all 5 Authors
- Journal of Veterinary Research 2016 v.60 no.4 pp. 441-446
- antibiotic resistance; beef; enterotoxins; genes; genetic relationships; livestock; meat processing plants; methicillin; methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus; multiple drug resistance; pulsed-field gel electrophoresis; raw meat; risk; Poland
- ... Introduction: Livestock-associated methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus (LA-MRSA) belonging to the clonal complex 398 (CC398) emerged recently in livestock as a new type of MRSA, which may cause zoonotic infections. This study presents data on the characterisation of S. aureus isolated from the meat processing plants. Material and Methods: S. aureus was isolated from 90 samples collected in ...
- Kizerwetter-Świda, Magdalena, et al. Show all 9 Authors
- BMC veterinary research 2016 v.13 no.1 pp. 35
- Rhodococcus equi; farms; foals; genetic variation; genotyping; livestock breeding; necropsy; pathogens; plasmids; pulsed-field gel electrophoresis; Poland; United States
- ... BACKGROUND: Rhodococcus equi is one of the most significant bacterial pathogens affecting foals up to 6 months of age worldwide. Rhodococcosis is present in Poland however information about molecular characterization of R. equi isolates is scarce. This study describes molecular characterization of Rhodococcus equi infection on 13 horse breeding farms in Poland between 2001 and 2012. Samples were c ...
- PubMed Central: